Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Final Blog


Ok Guys,

So i have made it back to Australia safely in one piece and I thought I would give you all one last update before this blog gets lost in cyberspace somewhere.

A Quick overview of my last 10 months.

Buses Taken: 59 (and one long train trip)

Approximate time spent on buses: 350 Hours

Longest Trip: Rio (Brazil) to Santa Cruz (Bolivia) = 50 Hours

Countries Visited: 15

Times Mugged: 1

Friends Made: Many!

Girlfriends Lost: 1

Favourite Country: Colombia

Favourite Cities: Buenos Aires, Rio, Sucre, Medellin, Mexico City

Amount of times I ran out of money completely: 4

Planned Trip Time: 6 months

Final Trip Time: 10 Months

Wierd Foods i ate: Grasshoppers, Cheese in hot chocolate, Beer with salt, pepper wostershire sauce etc etc,

Times i got really Ill: 3

Biggest beer i drank: Sol 1.180L

Cheapest thing i drank: 1L of Aguardiente Tiburron for $1.30AUD

Tattoos got: 1

Beginning wait of Backpack: 13kg

End Weight of Backpack: 18kg (not bad eh)


So if anyone reads this now. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, let me stay on their floor, fed me, kept me company, shared beers, translated, showed me around, carried me home, lent me money (thanks mum and dad), emailed me, put up with me and everything else. Cheers.


STEVE